Sunday 11 October 2009

Striding out


My throat still feels scratchy and my nose has been dripping all morning ... :) apart from that all is well!

Around 1pm the sun was making a real effort to push through a relatively thick layer of clouds. Was this my cue to grab my camera to make a move?

Bother, I didn't remember to put my battery on charge. The Canon 5D has no juice left. Luckily I had charged the battery pack of my Canon D1 mark II the other day. I wanted to familiarise myself with it again and now was my chance. The menu layout and positioning of buttons is slightly different and it's funny how I have to quickly reacquaint myself before feeling fully at ease again.

I was in two minds as to where I wanted to go. I didn't fancy going into town. Sitting on the tube when I am finding it difficult to breath didn't sound too appealing. So I decided to hop in the car and to drive to Wimbledon Common. I have never been there but a guy at the pool mentioned the other day how beautiful the Common was.

I'm always game to explore new areas, besides, bit of fresh air would do me good as well.

Shirley was up for it too. As we are driving along the clouds are getting darker and darker again ... never mind we're on our way and there is no way I'm not getting a shot for my blog!

We didn't quite know the way but followed our nose. Well, Shirley's nose actually! Past the All England Tennis Club and up a hill towards Southfields.

"Stop! I just saw a sign for Wimbledon Common."

I reverse and we take a left and another few turns passed some beautiful houses. Nice area! And we find ourselves bang opposite a path that leads into the Common. By now it's drizzling but it's beautiful at the same time. The Common turns out to be more woodland like. Huge. Not many people around - the rain must have kept them indoors.

I'm fascinated by the big old trees and the remaining long grass. I frame up my shot and as I'm about to take the shot I can see from the corner of my eye that two people will soon be making it into my frame. Impatient I take one shot and wait until the two are where I want them to be. As they reach the exact point, one of them decides to kick a stone. I'm happy with that because it adds a bit of humour to my shot.

The rain is getting heavier. I'm quite willing to carry on walking and see what else we encounter.

"No, not the way you are feeling!" I was told.
"Ok then, boss" :)







No comments:

Post a Comment