Monday 5 October 2009

Taking a gamble


It's grey and miserable today. It actually rained quite heavily and I got drenched on my bicycle coming back from the Lido :)

I wasn't going to rush out again in a hurry. No, cup of tea in hand I made my way up to the office and started to look through all the photos taken over the weekend. There are some really interesting ones that I took on our walks along the Beach. one of which I posted in yesterday's blog.

Today, I'd like to share a shot I still took in London on Saturday on my way to Hastings. I took it from the moving train. Leaving Charing Cross the train headed over the Thames past Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. Cables either side of the bridge made it difficult to get a clear shot of those landmarks.

What I did however manage to capture is an interesting and unusual shot of the London eye.
It looks as if the photo was taken in black and white, but it was actually shot in colour. Just goes to show what a grim morning it had been.

The wires on the bridge we were travelling over work really well in this photo. I had to be fast though as the distance between the cables and empty space was very short. Taking a gamble and shooting out of a moving train can sometimes pay off and produce a rare image.

3 comments:

  1. I've been surprised by how effective photos from moving trains and buses can be. I used to love the views of the Thames from trains leaving or returning to London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant shot! I am glad you published it.
    Love. Buddy

    ReplyDelete