Sunday 18 October 2009

Absolutely Fabulous


Catching a good shot for my Sunday blogs seems to be more of a challenge than on any of the other days. It's funny but although most shops are open and business as usual seems to be the motto, London still gives the impression to be operating at a slower pace. Not a bad thing actually!

What's most striking is that there are just different kinds of people on the streets. Or maybe it only looks that way because I went to a part of London I hadn't been for a while and never on a Sunday, Sloane Square and Knightsbridge.

I took the 319 bus from Trinity Road all the way to the beginning of The King's Road. Sitting on the top deck of a Double Decker bus is a fun experience. Luckily, the front seats were available.

The view from up there is great. Primarily, because of the superb view one gets of London's architecture. The sun was out too and the light catching some of the buildings prompted me to already take a few shots.



Nothing much was happening while driving over Battersea Bridge. Soon after it was time to get off and start walking up The Kings Road.

Yeap, no doubt, the people are definitely different there. The atmosphere and shops too! It all feels a bit pretentious I'm afraid ... with a touch of "Absolutely Fabulous", darling, sweetie :)

Time to explore some of the lovely little narrow lanes with coloured houses that lead off the main patch. Back onto The Kings Road itself and a must stop at Peter Jones! Would you believe it, Christmas decorations are up! Now that's what I call over the top if not simply scarieee!

Anyway, no stopping me now. On to Sloane Square, Sloane Street and all the way to Knightsbridge. Got to check out HA.RRods! That experience, let me tell you, makes me feel quite uneasy and almost claustrophobic. Definitely too many people for my liking. But, hey, gotta check out the famous Food Hall :) Not as impressive as I remembered it. Or was it that I have changed? Yes, that must be it!

So, what do most people get up to on a Sunday other than shop, shop, shop or eat, eat, eat?

I'll show you what they do. One clearly had enough and moves out of Knightsbridge while the other takes his pack of Great Danes out for lunch.






No comments:

Post a Comment