Tuesday 13 October 2009

It's good to talk


Not feeling great ... but can't let my followers down .. can I ?! :) and what about my challenge? same applies to that!

The sun is out. Also I felt better after my treatment so I decided to take the car for a short drive to Fixation and see for myself what the issue with favourite lens is all about.

I ask to speak with the technician. He is still adamant after having fully stripped the lens that it has suffered a heavy impact and that the three elements have to be replaced.

How bizarre! But, hey, it's not about being right or being adamant myself that the lens has not suffered ill treatment... It's about making a decision whether it's worth having the repair done. Last thing I want is to be throwing good money after bad...

"The glass itself is still in excellent condition. Once I've repaired it, it should be working great. As for now, I wouldn't risk it because sooner or later you will start getting distorted images."

OK, time to bite the bullet after all! I give him the go ahead and am eager to get favourite lens back in pristine working order asap!

This still left me with the task of having to capture the shot of the day.

On the way back, still pondering about my lens ... I'm happy about the decision I made. I'm also glad that I made time to chat with the technician. I'm grateful he took the time to come and have the conversation with me. I trust that his 14 years of experience will be reflected in his ability to do a great job.

I had just been reminded of the importance of dialogue and respectful communication.

I stop at Balham and walk around, camera as always ready for action. I quickly sense that there too, all activity points towards communication and community.

The scene of the policeman taking to school kids just jumps out at me and I grab the shot.

I also like the woman on the right edge of frame looking straight at me. It all adds to the uncertainty and beauty of street photography.






No comments:

Post a Comment