Monday 26 October 2009

Staying South


Back from my wonderful excursion to North London's Hampstead Heath which took well over an hour by tube, I felt like staying a bit closer to home today.

When the sun is out I always feel drawn to either green spaces surrounded with contrasting buildings or water. Mind you, the water fix gets taken care of each morning come rain or sunshine when I go for my daily splish splash ... but now I'm referring to getting some inspiration and making the most of the light and how it can bring subjects alive for a photograph.

This time of year when the sun doesn't rise as high anymore the rays are so much softer which produces warmer images. Soft light is gentler on the eye and colours come to life with real punchiness.

With this in mind and wanting to stay south of the river .. or just ... I cycled to Battersea Park which runs along the river Thames.

The first thing one comes across coming from Clapham is the famous Battersea Power Station. A very striking image from which ever angle. Sadly I couldn't be on the river itself to take to shot...


Lots of development is going on around the site. New modern homes as well as office spaces are mushrooming along side the imposing building and overlooking then river.

Battersea Bridge is certainly not as well known as other bridges along The Thames but today with the lovely light and the dramatic backdrop it most definitely jumped out at me and deserved to be taken!



Battersea Park has lots to offer with regards to entertainment, arts, culture, sports facilities and natural beauty, no doubt about it but the towering stillness of the Peace Pagoda holds a special place in the park and in my heart :)










No comments:

Post a Comment