Sunday 4 October 2009

Guess what?

I stayed in Hastings! I only came back to London this evening... late!

I hadn't seen my Buddy for such along time so I just had to spend some time with her :) Lots to catch up on.

Walking along the beach I tried my hand at "arty shots"!

The weather wasn't too pleasant. Very windy and rather grey. So I played around with slow shutter settings. You may have noticed by now that I like the effect one can achieve using a slow shutter :)
For me a photos has to either be pin sharp or show some movement! It has to create a mood.

In this shot I used an 8/s and moved the camera slightly while releasing the shutter.
I love the results I get using this technique.

People often say about my images that they are like paintings. I never know whether this is meant as a compliment?!
I have also noticed that sometimes people say about painting that they look like photographs... strange that!

For me, what matters most is that whatever art form one chooses, it is seen as a form of expression. No matter what medium and, as long as the artist has created what he/she had in mind to achieve, everything goes!






1 comment:

  1. Stunning!
    Lovely shot of our very cold but lovely beach walk together! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete