Sunday 20 September 2009

Thumbs up


Sunday and I have survived my first full week of blogging! That's a mighty big achievement for a BB :) = beginner blogger :)

I was seriously debating whether Sunday should, or could for that matter, be considered a day off?! But hey, no rest for the wicked, I suppose, so I went out for a stroll through Tooting Bec common ... on my way to .. yes, you got it : the Lido ... I even persuaded Squirlie to come with me with the prospect of her perhaps also having a splish herself ?! hmmmm

By the time we reached the pool, preparations for the customary sunday club races were well on the way. No, I don't take part ... but that's another story ... the short version is that I don't really enjoy competitions.

So we watched ... the race was all over by 10am and it was time for my splish ... without Squirlie ... she wasn't even tempted :) I wonder why? well, I guess it is hard for someone from South Africa to find these temperature in the slightest bit appealing ...

I must admit, I was still rather shattered from yesterday's full day - 2 swims in 15 degree Celsius - and staying alert, snapping away all day.

I only swam 6 lengths - and really enjoyed those.

On our way back through the common something caught my eye that sums and "thumbs" up what British Sunday mornings are really all about.









No comments:

Post a Comment