Sunday 27 September 2009

Family outing


Last night's dinner was a success - a lovely evening in fact - we shared lots of laughs - I think the menu went down quite well too - at least the wine went down - very down, that much I know!

Guests and hosts were very jolly and none the worse for it :) not even the following day ... :)

So, what's on the agenda for today then? Well, it's Sunday, the sun is still out to play.

What an amazing September this month has turned out to be!

There is no way I can stay in doors and declare Sunday to be a lazy, non blogging day :) too much out there to see and capture.

Fortunately, I live very close to Tooting Bec Common.

What better idea than to take a stroll to the common and see what activities the open green space has attracted.

Reaching the end of my road I hear a squeaking sound of bicycle breaks creeping up from behind. Beep beep ... A father on his bike and his two daughters are in a mad rush.

I take a step to one side.

"Thank you" says Dad. The two small kids right on his heels.

"You are welcome."

Ahhh but the traffic light slows them down. This is where I catch up with them again... and just as the light turns green again and the three set off, snap. Got them!

The walk to the Common leads down Streathbourne Road. A lovely wide road flanked by beautiful trees either side. Leaves are catching the light which in turn throws interesting patters on the terraces of super sized Victorian houses.

Walking down it I catch two beautiful shots. In the first one a young man striding out pushing a pram. In the other shot, I caught a man back from purchasing a "flymo" he has affixed on to the handlebars of his bicycle. The light on both these shots is soft and rather special.

But something tells me that there is more out there waiting to unfold in front of my lens.

Approaching the common one could already hear loud voices calling out "pass, pass, pass" and before one could even see what it was all about, there was no doubt in my mind that lads were having a game of football. I have never understood why football players scream so much?! Played well, it is a beautifully skilful game to watch. The level on show here ... more farcical than entertaining!

Nonetheless, I stop. No, nothing much to be had.

Time to measure Shirley and my skills at Frisbee! No wind at all and the disk flies beautifully. We are even quite good at catching it!

Enough. We need a rest before heading home and straight back out again to catch the last long Sunday at the Lido. From October the Lido will only be open until 2pm. And that only for SLSC members.

Yes, of course I got my splish in.
Now back home it's time to take a closer look at my photographic exploits.

Tough choice! But my decision is made.

The friendly father and his daughters who seemed on a real mission to make the most of this beautiful sunday gets my vote.












No comments:

Post a Comment