Friday 25 September 2009

Looking forward to the weekend


Another glorious autumn day and I'm out and about, eyes wide open.

Actually, I have quite a busy day. Heading into town for the afternoon and on my return preparing for the monthly Buddhist Discussion meeting which I am hosting.

So, around 11am I set out with the aim of "killing two birds" in one go...

I cycled over to Furzedown, not far from the Tooting Bec Lido to meet with Sue Rentoul. Sue is a graphic designer and also a passionate swimmer ... and, yes, of course swims at the Lido come rain, snow or sunshine. Sue is the lady behind the SLSC Logo. She gives a lot of her time to promoting various activities that club members get involved in. Last Saturday's Free Art Event was one of those activities.

I took all the "official shots" at the event - some of which Sue will use for the newsletter that's about to be released.

So, being in a part of South West London I'm not very familiar with ... in fact, whenever I have been in that neck of the woods I have managed to get lost :).
I decided to park my bike, take out my equipment (favourite lens already mounted!) and to hang around a bit.

The day is glorious and I got good vibes. To my surprise, there were photo opportunities galore!

I discovered a friendly little row of shops including a coffee shop - It was around 11.30am and the autumn light was getting a touch harsh ... however, still OK depending on where I positioned myself.

The very first shot I took just made perfect sense. And, it is the shot that makes today's blog : It's Friday. It's sunny. The leaves have started to fall, indicating the season. The day is not quite over. It's time for a coffee. The week has been tough. I wonder what the rest of the day has installed...? And, one thing is sure, it's definitely time to look forward to the weekend!











No comments:

Post a Comment