Monday 16 November 2009

Who is who?


The road I live in is full of surprises and I never know which of my neighbours I might bump into. Not that I know all my neighbours... but I have come to know a few of them over the years ... some I simply exchange a friendly hello with, some I stop and chat with, and others I know a bit more about.

Today, I was finally able to put a name to one of my neighbours from a few houses down. A gentle looking Italian who I often throw a few Italian words to and who always responds as if I was fluent in his native language!

As I am usually on my bike when I see him there has fortunately never been the fear of having to actually string together a coherent phrase in Italian ... :) it's usually restricted to "buon giorno tutto bene?" which means "Good morning everything alright"- or "che bella giornate" which should mean, "what a lovely day"!

However, I have always been intrigued by the amazingly huge Madonna he has displayed in his front room. But I have never been brave enough to ask him about "her". Anyway, she is looking out the window and probably watching over us all - so what is there to ask about :)

Today as I was cycling home Richard, another neighbour I always chat to at length with, was having a conversation with Mr. Italia.

This was my chance to finally get to know the lovely Cesare, from Parma!

And here they are. Don't they look great, Richard and Cesare! AND the Madonna!

I even got Cesare to go back in and stand next to his beloved Madonna! Only to make perfectly clear who is who!

No comments:

Post a Comment