Wednesday 4 November 2009

It's all about vanity


There seems to be a pattern to November 2009: a day of rain a day of sunshine, a day of rain a day of sunshine!

I set off a touch later than I had hoped and made my way to Vauxhall - I always wanted to get a shot of the bus stop at Vauxhall Bridge - so I did!

Looks quite futuristic! As for the traffic control around there, scary!

I wanted to get closer to the river and had to really use my wits to figure out a way of crossing various roads without getting run over :)

Once by the river I discovered a view of the London Eye I hadn't seen before. Clouds very were beginning to draw in...

What I didn't know was that I was below the MI6 building ... well, I soon found out I was ... yes, I got stopped (again) by the police! Two very friendly police officers on flashy motor bikes routinely patrolled the walkway around the building. They were amazed that nobody from the building had radioed them about me!

"Oh well, they probably had a gun aimed at me all the time ... and because I actually didn't take a shot of the building (too many horrible cranes sticking out everywhere!) I was (still) safe :)"

"Do you mind if I take a look at the photos you took?"

"Sure!"

"Nice, very nice! Who is that good looking chap there? It's the slimmer one of us!"

"That can only be you!"

I had actually framed up that shot without the biker on the previous shot because I liked the symmetry of the tree line, the pillars and the lamp posts. I didn't leave any space on the left of the frame but when I felt the motor bike creeping up from behind I quickly recomposed and waited until the bike was between two trees.

This paid off as it seems that without even knowing it I had made a certain police man very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment