Wednesday 18 November 2009

Comments welcome

Today, I felt like having a bit of a rant! Not that I set out to have a rant ... but, funnily enough, the idea grew on me as I was walking the streets of London... having been rather busy all day I didn't get a chance to travel to a specific area and decided to stay in the neighbourhood.

My first observation was how messy the streets looked! Dead leaves, empty cans, empty bottles, discarded cigarette packets, cigarette stubs, old wet and torn newspapers, sweets wrappers ... you get the picture!

Funny that, isn't today garbage day? Yes, it is! ahh... well that explains!
As I turn into another street I am compelled to capture the subject of my real rant!

At first glance it doesn't say much ... or does it? Three neatly placed garbage bins - great and by the looks of it they have even been emptied! Even better! But where are their respective lids? Look carefully!
Yes, there they are. Sitting on the hedge above each bin. Now, I can assure you that this is not where the lids were this morning before the garbage men came to empty the bins! No, the lids were where they are supposed to be: namely ON the bins!

I have a simple question for you and for the garbage men:
Why, ohhh why do garbage men know how to take OFF the lids but don't know how to put the lids BACK ON the bins?!

And let me tell you, this house is lucky, the lids are placed on the hedge. In most cases, including at my house, the lids are just thrown willy nilly on the floor, sometimes even on the street itself instead of at least keeping the lid close to it's counter part, if not as desired ON the bin!

There you go, I have had my rant. So, should you have an explanation for this phenomena please send me a comment :)


No comments:

Post a Comment