Monday 23 November 2009

Everybody needs a day off


Yesterday around 3pm I set out with the best of intentions to see the Ed Ruscha exhibition at the Hayward Gallery. I got to the tube station only to find out after a 15 minutes wait on the southbound platform that due to a computer crash the control room had lost all knowledge of the whereabouts of the expected train .... strange but true! Anyway, I certainly didn't like the sound!

By now it was very windy and pouring again ... the perfect weather conditions to walk back home, light a fire and get comfortable in front of the telly with freshly home made popcorn!

Besides, I was still showing signs of fatigue from the lido crawl :) and decided there and then to make a slight adjustment to my blogging routine. No more sunday blogging!

After having kept up my daily blogging for 69 straight days in a row, Sunday has officially been reinstated as a day off (blogging) ;)

But fear not, I made it to the Hayward Gallery today. The weather wasn't better but at least the tube took me there (and back) in one piece.

Puddles everywhere.

Naturally, one is not allowed to take photos of the exhibits ... so no pix ... would I recommend going? I'm not sure... viewing Art is such a personal experience ... I will say, however, that I wanted to go and see it because I've entered a competition which involves seeing the 50 years retrospective of Ed Ruscha. And I'll say no more at this stage other than watch that space:)

For those who haven't been to The Southbank Centre let me warn you, it's a bit of a concrete jungle.


No comments:

Post a Comment