Thursday 5 November 2009

Green for GO


A few days ago - just in time for the pre Xmas shopping bonanza - Oxford Circus opened the way for pedestrians to cross the circus from all directions - Today I thought of checking out the logistics - not sure whether I am impressed or confused? :)
One thing is for sure, there was a lot of activity and it certainly was a bit of a circus! Everybody, cars, taxis, buses, cyclists and pedestrians were rushing around and let loose as soon as their signal turned green!

Cyclists wizzzz past while pedestrians wait for their turn

Oh I almost forgot to mention: this evening is Guy Fawkes night : fireworks in the whole of England I suspect - I went to a display at Streatham Common and had a go at photographing fireworks for the first time... ever ...

I'm certainly no expert at it .. yet .. :) but I know someone who is! Check it out- there are some fabulous shots. I can't wait to check out Ian's site tomorrow - no doubt he will have found a wonderful display to photograph this evening!

1 comment:

  1. Have you got any tips for me, for taking pictures not containing part of my thumb?

    ReplyDelete