Tuesday 17 November 2009

Oodles of Noodles


Looking through the food cupboard I noticed that we were ... shock, horror ... out of Goji Berries :) Not only are they very tasty, they are also a great source of antioxidants ... say no more, the mini crisis had to be addressed immediately.
Holland & Barrett stopped selling this "super food" so I had no other choice than to take a quick trip into London's China Town.

Browsing around the different Chinese supermarkets can be quite fun once in a while. That's if you can identify the different types of food!

We were also out of rice noodles. (Great for stir fries and soups!) Shopping for those should be pretty straight forward ... :)

When I arrived delivery vans were still allowed into the pedestrian zone, China Town is. The supermarkets were getting stocked up, restaurants were still closed and there was definitely a different feel to the area.


I soon found the shop I usually get my stuff from. Goji Berries in hand and oodles of noodles under my arm I made my way to the till. Victory, I'm out of here!





No comments:

Post a Comment