Monday 14 December 2009

The lesser of two evils



Today, I had to travel from Tooting to Greenwich. Usually I take the car but as I didn't feel like getting caught up in London rush hour traffic I decided to take public transport... the lesser of two evils :)
The first part of the journey, Northern Line to "bank" was quite boring .. as most journeys on the tube are .. that's unless you get stuck in a tunnel... which we fortunately didn't!
The next part, travelling on the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) was however more fun! Yes, I had taken the DLR before to the EXcel business centre but never to Greenwich ... the difference: a different route! This time the tracks really take you through a maize of high rise buildings and weaves in and out of parts of the river Thames until it reached the Cuttysark stop in Greenwich.

I enjoyed it and all in all can report that the experience is well worth considering. That's if not having a conductor in the train doesn't freak you! The DLR is being driven by a computer sitting in a control room!





No comments:

Post a Comment